Candidates > Questions to Ask
Questions every Construction Professional will want to ask on an interview:
- Why is the (insert job title) position open?
- What are some of the objectives you would like to see accomplished in this job?
- What are some of the long term goals of the company?
- What are some of the more difficult problems one would have to face in this position?
- How do you think these could best be handled?
- What advancement opportunities are available for the person who is successful in this position, and within what time frame?
- In what ways has this organization been most successful over the years?
- What significant changes do you foresee in the near future?
- How is one evaluated in this position?
- What accounts for success within the company?
- What types of projects does the company build?
- Who are the general contractors / construction management / engineering firms that you tend to work with on a regular basis.
- What is the company's philosophy on change orders, RFI's, estimating?
- What software applications do you need to be proficient in utilizing?
- Tell me about the department. Who are my peers? What are their strengths and weaknesses? What is the company culture or atmosphere?
- Are there any current projects in progress for which I will be responsible? If so, what is their status?
- Describe a typical day for someone holding this position.
- What are the limits of my responsibility and authority?